Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How to gently break up with someone who is insanely in love with you?

You can't do it gently. It'll hurt them no matter what. But it's better than keeping on leading them on.





You just have to do it. No cliches like ';It's not you, it's me.'; No lies. Just the truth, that it's over, and the truth if they ask why. Do it in person, or at LEAST over the phone - no instant messaging or txting.





And be prepared for INSANE guilt, for a couple of weeks. I got over the guilt when I left my ex mostly by moving cities (it was my plan even before we broke up, nothing to do with him), but if you have to see him all the time, and hear how he feels bad, then you will feel awful.





So shut off communication with him, totally, after everything has been sorted. Not just ';It's over'; and then turn off your phone, but explain it, and then don't talk to him for at least 2 weeks, unless it's unavoidable. Even if he talks to you, ignore it, it's better for both of you.How to gently break up with someone who is insanely in love with you?
Tell them how it is gently. If you truly don't feel for this person, it's better for both of you in the long-run if the truth comes out. If he/she can't handle it, that's their problem, not yours. If you two are friends, if you can talk to this person, it will be much easier. Just say what you're feeling.





I dated a guy for a little while, but started to realize that he and I just didn't connect and that I didn't have ';those'; feelings for him. He was really into the relationship, so I had to let him know how I was feeling. Of course he didn't like it, but we were great friends and he understood where I was coming from. Even though breaking up sucked, I knew that it wasn't right for me to pretend like we were still close both for his sake and mine...then he decided to be a dickwad (but that's another answer).How to gently break up with someone who is insanely in love with you?
Tell them your moving to Alaska, and/or your family relative died and you need some alone time. Then tell him that u don't think that your relationship won't work cause your so depressed.
There isn't. No matter what you say or do the person is going to be beyond devastated.
Its not easy at all. I had to do that once and my ex slashed all four of my tires.
i don't like u anymore sorry. you'll find someone better who loves you for you. gotta go bye.
quick and simple .. dont prolong the heartache Lol
';insanely in love ';





just break their heart....





cut off contact


cheat?


or say u cheated when you didn't.


or tell them ';you are insanely in love with me, but its not a mutual feeling';
I agree with Sarah.
It's never easy. Just be honest.
easy. shag the best pal.
there is no easy way...

No comments:

Post a Comment