Friday, August 20, 2010

Anyone have advice on breaking up with someone you love?

I'm stuck in a rough spot right now. I love my boyfriend but I don't think he's the one for me. We are both 19 and he's sure that I'm the one for him but I'm just not sure if he is for me. I don't want to settle yet. I'm young and want to be able to go out and do things. I feel like I haven't gotten to do all the things I've wanted and that I can't do them if I'm dating him. It's not that he stifles me, I just think we're too comfortable in our relationship, ugh, it's hard to explain. I really do love him, a lot but I'm not ready to settle down yet (We've been dating for 14 months). I think it's possible too that if we broke up that we may one day end up together again (if we're meant to be together). I don't want to lose his friendship either though I know I might. He's been a big part of my life for years (we were friends for years before we started dating).





So, basically, how should I break up with him? I know I'm going to hurt him no matter how I do it but any suggestions? Ever been through something similar? Any suggestions of how to become friends later on? How'd you deal with it?





Anything would be helpful. Thank you!Anyone have advice on breaking up with someone you love?
the best thing to do is to be honest with him -


now i'll be honest with you - don't give him the ';Let's be friends'; line -





it just doesn't work - you may really want that but he needs to remove himself from your life for a while - at some point down the line it will be okay to befriend him againAnyone have advice on breaking up with someone you love?
It does really hurt a guy when the girl leaves him. When I was very


young I broke up with a guy that wanted to marry me. It hurt him very


much. I was too young to understand how much it hurt him at the time. I know too tho that I would not have been the right one for him...this is in hind sight. At my mother's funeral several years later


he came to pay his respects. He told me that he never truly got over losing me. Be gentle with this person. Maybe do things that would cause him to break it off, if that is possible? It might salvage his pride and let him move on. Good luck.
i think that only you know, what you want to do,i mean yeah you will receive a lot of advice from different people but the right choice will come from you,, heres what i think....





you should talk to him, tell him what you feel, and just tell him everything, then after that let him talk, and from there on..you have to give time to see if you ever are meant to be
Wow! My little sister has been going through the very same. She met her bf when she was 14 or 15. He was her first. They were together for 3.5 years but he was suffocating her though (a little). She loved him and felt that she wanted to eventually be with him, she just needed to live life on her own for a while. She finally needed to end it but was afraid to tell him for the same reasons as you. So I suggested that she sit down and write him a letter explaining everything that she felt and meet him for coffee to give it to him to read while she sat there. That way, she was able to get everything out clearly and concisely without her ';flow'; and train of thought being interrupted, but sat there so that it was not about being chicken and they could talk about it immediately.





He was really angry with her for a few months. She tried calling him every so often to see if he would hang out. He always said no. It crushed her, but I told her that he will need some time. And he did. They were apart for a year and a half but after about 6 months they sort of started to hang out again (they had a lot of mutual friends) and eventually got back together a year or so later. She needed to get somethings out of her system and she did.





If you do this, it's important that you make sure he understands that your love for him hasn't changed you just need to spread your wings and let them dry. Let him know that if it doesn't happen now and you end up staying together, you run the risk of waking up one day and resenting him and you don't want that. Honestly, what you 2 have is special and rare. If it's meant to be, it will happen -no matter what. Just be respectful to him and yourself while you are split up (not saying you would but don't hook up with his friends). Oh, and DON'T go doing stupid stuff to get him to leave you. That's ridiculous! Do that and you'll lose him forever -for sure! Be honest -always. If people can't handle the truth that is their problem, not yours.





Good luck!
my sister and her boyfriend dated for about 5 years they lived eachother but they didnt know if there was anything else out there and wanted to have fun, and decided they need to meet other ppl and take a while away from eachother and hopefully will reaslize if they were ment to be or not, a year later they had both learned theres no one else out there for them that they could love more,





maybe sujest it? not sure.
DO NOT BREAK UP with him!!!!!!!


If you love him don't do that.


Talk to him, tell him what's the problem and see if you can sort it out. Maybe he's feeling the same.


Give him a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment