Friday, August 20, 2010

How long after you break up with someone does still loving them become unnatural?

I broke up with someone 5 years ago and I still think they're more attractive, sweet, and awesome than any other female on this planet.





It was the longest, most intense relationship i've ever had.





I've not had much contact with her since, talking with her maybe once a year and hearing her being nice but equally feeling her resentment of our time together. Last time I talked to her, she kinda told me to get on with my life (go to uni, follow my dreams kinda thing - tho there may have been a subtle hint on 'move on'). She had a boyfriend who'd she'd been with for over a year. Chances are they're probably in a pretty solid relationship by now.





Am I the only person who feels like this? Measuring every other love interest by a past one, and for 5 years and always ending up thinking ';not as good/attractive to me/warm as she was'; and ';will anyone ever be as good?';.





Your thoughts pleaseHow long after you break up with someone does still loving them become unnatural?
Good luck on that one. My ex cheated on me and I broke it off. It took me 12 very long years to get over it to the point I could date again but when I did start dating again I soon lost all the really deep feelings for her. I still love her but it's not anywhere near as intense as it used to be and much more controllable of course the fact that she was killed in a car wreck had a little to do with it too I'm sure.How long after you break up with someone does still loving them become unnatural?
who knows its been over three years for me and i still feel the same for her as always
sometimes the measuring thing happens because she is still in love with you. and would you call it measuring? more likely the traits that she shared with you are traits she finds too difficult to find in or share with others. and will anyone ever be as good? more than likely ohters can be but not in the same way.


in cases like thsi people like her, wait til another comes along and maybe that could be tomorrow or could be 10 years from tomorrow, but she obviously knows what sort of person she likes to share her time with. thats a goodthing cos not manypeople know them self well enough to say what they want - only waht they dont want!


and lets face it... who wants to end p with a product they feel is 2nd best? when you find a bargain ou usually snap it up and make the most of it!


happy hunting!
I think it is a bit unnatural but, who am I to say? I know what you mean. I've been the same for almost three years. I have tried everything to just move on. I work and go to school, I go out and try to get my mind off the person and the feelings I still have for him, but it just doesn't seem to work.iI have also dated other people. The thing that confuses me is that the person still tries to talk to me every once in a while, even though he broke up with me and said he wanted nothing to do with me. WTH? But I hope you can get over this. And when you do, tell me what worked for you.
i broke up with my girl 6 months back.. i saw her today and its still the same!! its messed up.. bu then if u loved someone so deeply why would u cut them out of ur thoughts/feeling!!.. but that doesnt mean we should be stuck with the mentality of how great memories of the past were, because the chances are tomorrows days will be just as good.. if we only tried!!!





i offer no advice, but simply a thought!... if you knew u had it good once why cant u have it again??... if u found someone that loved on u only for it to fall apart then why cant u find someone for whom ur stay with,,, thus being better!!???





good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment