Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How do you break up with someone you still love?

I love my boyfriend, and he is kind, but there's just things in our way that I don't think we'll work out. He is quick to judge and accuse so it's super hard to talk to him. And also he's a classmate in my college, same department so I see him in nearly all my classes.





I don't know what to do or what to say. Also what can I do to go through with it? each time I want to break it off, I ended up not mentioning it, because I'll see him and realize how much I love him even if I have the gut feeling that it won't work out. help?How do you break up with someone you still love?
Very difficult, there are many obstacle's in your way.





First thing I would do is consider transferring...


If that is not a option.





I would tell him you really need some space and you do not want him to get in the way of your studies.





The options above should be done in person but in view of others, maybe a coffee shop.





If this is not going to work, just break it off quick and clean, tell him he is great and if you were ready he would be the one. But as we both know you are not ready so just move on.How do you break up with someone you still love?
What worked for me always was to say, I'm going through some personal changes right now and I need some space. Of course they pry to find out what the personal thing is, but remind them that is why they call it ';personal'; and its something you need to work out for yourself. This keeps you from blaming them or yourself or placing blame at all which is how everyone see's a break up, all blame. So avoid that since you do care for him and don't want to hurt him, you just want to back off if I read you right. So it's an appropriate way to back off until you are more decided about what you expect from a life mate. Its a very serious decision and if there is some inner part of you that is uncomfortable with certain aspects of a relationship, you should always listen to your inner self. Its not fair to you or him to continue on a road going nowhere. Path's change, just as life changes us all, what you expect from life will change almost daily over the next decade. Give yourself a breather, and do not expect Mr. Right to be there tomorrow. He will show up when he does, and love at first site is your worst enemy in this day and age. Always take time to know someone ';well';. Give time for all these little idiosyncrasies to appear and try them on for size to see if they fit your lifestyle. Thats why its called dating. Its like trying on shoes. They might be cute and adorable and look wonderful on you, but if they begin rubbing you the wrong way, and give you blisters, it's the wrong shoe honey. Get used to that. They aren't all glass slippers. He will find his perfect match out there too at some point. Thats the goal for everyone.
tell him it's not working, the relationship and we need to break up...then forget about things...dont think about it when you see him and just be like old friends if you were. that's it. tell him it straightforward





no ...ifs, buts , and, or.... whatsever
You sound very conflicted. If these are feelings you've only been having recently, take some time to think about it.





Before addressing that you want a breakup, consider directly confronting him about things you think are not working in your relationship. Tell him that you don't like these things about him, and maybe he'll be willing to work things out or compromise.





And in the end, there really is no good way to tell someone you just don't love them anymore. Many guys want and need it given to them straight and bluntly.
tell him u have AIDS, transmittable through the air
just talk to him about it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment